If we’re not careful, these daily habits can add up, in both our finances and our time. I noticed that my family started spending more money and time last summer than ever before. This was because my husband and daughter were taking daily bike rides to the 7 eleven for fountain drinks and a snack. This fun treat was turning into a daily expectation and our finances weren’t thanking us for it.
If you’ve recognized yourself in this trend, here are some low-cost/free alternatives that will still encourage you to get out.
- Start by cutting back your habit by half
- If coffee is your go-to, watch how-to videos and try expanding your expertise at home, then, take your coffee for a drive
- Go to a park and have a picnic
- Go on a bike ride
- Drive with your windows down
- Take your pet on a walk
With the Kiddos:
- Take your kids to the park. Have juice boxes and a small snack on hand that they only get as a treat at the park
- If your kids have phones with data, start playing Pokémon Go
- Go GeocachingAre there any go-to ideas for your family? Share them below!